Spring rewind hose reels are commonly used in many industries for applications such as hose storage, workshops and on mobile equipment. In some hose handling applications, excessive spring rewind speed can result from misuse and can result in significant safety issues. Excessive rewind speed can cause rapidly moving hose to strike users or objects, resulting in unnecessary injury or damage.
To date, the only way to overcome dangerous Rewind Speeds was to replace Spring Rewind Reels with manual or powered ones. The major limitations however, are that applications lacking automatic rewinds will result in the careless practice of hoses laid across walkways and roads; this will cause serious injury issues. Site logistics can also mean that power sources are not always available, thus Spring Rewind External Reels are the only solutions to a hazard-free and productive working environment.
These issues can be significantly reduced with the Safe-R-Reel® Rewind Speed Control System from Reel Tech. As the Safe-R-Reel™ reduces rewind speed, it also reduces the risks of injury, equipment damage, downtime and hose wear associated with excessive rewind speed.
Apart from the nasty whiplash impact injuries that Rapid Rewinds Speed from conventional Spring Reels can bring, operators can also avoid the high cost of replacing faulty equipment.
Through conducting a case study, a major Airline found that conventional Spring Reels they installed previously were causing expensive damages to equipment. On top of that, maintenance personnel could be eliminated by the addition of a Spring Rewind speed Control device; this enhances greater work efficiency.
The Safe-R-Reel™ is simple to install; depending on the reel capacity, as the system simply bolts on to the hose reel canister and it can be tuned to achieve 30-50% speed reduction compared to a standard spring rewind reel. This can also be upgraded to vary the rewind speed.
The Safe-R-Reel™ system does not reply on hydraulic clutching or other dependent devices requiring regular service, reducing downtime and contains no visible moving parts.
Reduced rewind speeds mean
- Reduced injury
- Reduced equipment damage
- Reduced downtime
- Reduce hose wear
Count on Safe-R-Reel™ for
- Food and Beverage
- Work Shops
- Service Vehicles
Retractable Hose Reel
Buy a Retractable Hose Reel to Keep Your Team Safe
In every industry where quality, long hoses are important, it’s worth investing in a retractable hose reel. Hoses can cause problems if left unfurled, and again cause safety issues if they reel in too swiftly. Our hose reels split the difference and find a safe way to manage your hoses.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding the Retractable Hose Reel
There are several mistakes to avoid when considering retractable hose storage:
- The biggest mistake would be not getting a hose reel. Without this, your hose will lay loose on the ground and comprise a tripping hazard. Whether working individually in a workshop or a project area with a team, this risk must be avoided to prevent harm.
- You must also ensure that you buy a hose reel that is appropriate for the length of hose you have. If its capacity is too small, you will have extraneous hose dangling loosely and still posing a tripping hazard for your team.
- Another error is to neglect quality as an essential factor in your decision. Our products are high-end and use the best available materials, ensuring you can rely on them even under the toughest conditions.
Once you recognise the importance of a hose reel, it’s clear that selecting a high-quality reel of the appropriate capacity will help to keep your team safe from tripping.
Benefits of the Spring Retractable Hose Reel
Our retractable hose reels have several advantages over simple reels:
- The retractable reel minimises the effort required to house the hose on the reel. The Safe-R-Reel™ system lets you retract hoses automatically to save time and reduce the chance that your team neglects to return it.
- The Safe-R-Reel™ system improves upon standard spring retractable designs by decreasing the retraction speed by 30-50%. This design reduces the odds of injury, equipment damage, downtime, and hose wear.
- Several industries benefit from the retractable hose technology we offer, including mining, food and beverage, and service vehicles that must be ready to move at a moment’s notice. We frequently fulfil custom design requests particularly suited to our clients’ needs.
Why Trust Reel Tech Regarding the Spring Rewind Hose Reel
Reel Tech has been innovating hose reels for businesses across Australia for years. We are the exclusive distributor of Hannay in Australia, but we proudly manufacture many of the best host reels right here in Australia. Our suite of practical accessories includes the Safe-R-Reel™ system, which is noted for its significant impact in decreasing the risk of harm for your employees.
We are a major supplier of hose reels and custom solutions for numerous industries with a dedicated focus on safety. With clients across many industries, we’re proud of the impact that our products can have in manufacturing and emergency services, including firefighting. As a local company, we appreciate the fact that we can assist our fellow Australians by increasing safety and efficiency simultaneously. Contact us to learn more about how our hose reels and accessories can help your business succeed.